Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge - Thanks or Turkey

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I hope you all had a good weekend.  I started a little Christmas shopping with my sister.  While we were shopping, I saw a couple of things that were perfect for some of my friends and family.  I decided that this year when I see something I know someone will love, I'm going to buy it then and there.  I usually wait and think about things then when I go back to get them the store doesn't have that item anymore.  This has happened too many times so I'm trying not to make the same mistake this year.

On to our Die Cuttin' Divas challenge this week, which is Thanks or Turkey.  I decided to do a card that showcased both!  I have to tell you, this is not one of my favorite cards.  I'm not sure why I don't like it but maybe it's just too dark.
 Paper: DCWV
Turkey: Celebrate with Flourish Cricut Cartridge
Give Thanks: Close to My Heart Artbooking Cricut Cartridge
Frame: Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge
Sequins: Michaels
Wink of Stella was added to the words and yellow swirls 
on the turkey but it's hard to see it in the photo 


Don't forget to head over to Die Cuttin Divas  and check out what the rest of our talented design team made this week for their projects.  I hope you will join us for our challenge.  Be sure to use a die cut on your creation.


Thanks for stopping by my blog.

2 comments:

  1. How crazy Leslie - I actually do the SAME THING too! OMGOSH! I always say this would be great for so & so OR I could totally use that right now ... BUT I say, maybe I'll just wait a little longer - then I say, I better go get it, only to find it gone! UGH!!! Too many times to count! I'm so there with ya Sista! I'm trying to do better with that too... except I DID do it last week.. Hubby & I saw this super cute Dancing Poop! YES I Said Dancing Poop! It was adorable and had us laughing - I said we should get this for our son (The Marine) he would totally get a kick out of it... Then I said will just wait a little bit... I mean they're just NOW putting out the holiday stuff! RIGHT? WRONG! We went back a week later and I could not find 1! They had like 10 that day! YES... I smacked myself in the forehead afterwords! Then I try to tell myself - If it was meant to be, then I would have one! LOL Pretty sad, but I will do better! LOL

    Any who - onto your lovely card! I think it's great, I agree it's a little dark, but none the less still lovely! We ALL have those thoughts about or own projects and then 15 other people LOVE them... I like the Frame & the Give Thanks wording... it really is a pretty card! :) Hope you're having a great week! HUGS! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card and wonderful colors. The turkey is such a cool cut!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete